Caring for your linen bedding can be a simple procedure; it doesn’t have to be treated in any special way, but we recommend you take certain measures to make sure it lasts as long as possible.
Some things to remember when cleaning your linen bedding:
- Follow the care instructions.
- Never use bleaches or detergents with color brighteners, these can discolor and weaken your linen sheets.
- Hand or machine wash separately or with like colors, use mild detergent, in lukewarm or cold water on a gentle cycle, always be sure to rinse your linen to remove any soapy residue. You can wash in hot water but remember heat weakens fibers
- Don’t over load your machine, the more water the better
- To minimize the natural wrinkling properties, you may hang them on a line to dry or machine tumble dry on a low temperature or a wrinkle release setting, remove and fold the sheets promptly when dry.
Linen is a soft yet durable fabric created from the fibers of the flax plant and gets softer with every wash; it doesn’t pill stretch or loose shape. It’s hypoallergenic, moisture wicking and adjusts to your body temperature to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter which makes it a great choice for any time of the year.